The children read loads of camping books, listened to nature sounds,
played learning games
did loads of writing, played "camping math" scoot, and had a wonderful week!
I'm so glad I did camping week! Here are some pictures:
1. I brought in the little pink tent my daughter had when she was little. It became a great place for reading books about camping!
2. I brought in my little travel camping table. The kids used it for reading as well as playing games!
3. So many kids brought in sleeping bags, it looked like a big pajama party!
4. After Friday afternoon's special, there was a little treat waiting for the children.
5. Yes, that's my REAL camping tent in the classroom. We found out we could squeeze the whole class in my tent!
The s'mores and the tent made their day! And, honestly, the smiles on their faces made my day!
It was a great week!
It also inspired me to make a new product, based on most of the activities we enjoyed this week. Click image for more information.
Somehow I have to make it through 8 more school days and one more teacher workshop day. After a week at the beach and a week camping, next week's theme will be "fun at home".
We'll be spending most of the week remembering all the fun stuff we did this year and planning fun stuff to do this summer.
What do you do during those challenging last few weeks when the kids struggle to pay attention to anything?