Well, wasn't I surprised to come home from a fun day with the girls to find I'd received the Versatile Blogger award! Thanks so much to Fun 2B in First for thinking of me! Well, it seems I have a task to do now!
This award comes with three rules. 1) Thank the person who gave it to you and link back to them in your post. 2) Share 7 things about yourself. 3) Pass this award on to 15 recently discovered blogs.
Wow, 7 things about myself, I could come up with hundreds, but I'll try to find something somewhat interesting!
1. I've been teaching since 1977. I've taught every grade from Preschool through 8th grade except for 4th. I've been in second grade for several years, and I'm really loving it!
2. I have a beautiful 18 year old daughter who went off to college this fall. I miss her terribly, but I know she is where she belongs, and I'm very happy about that.
3. I'm dating a wonderful man I met 51 years ago. We were apparently on the same car pool to Kindergarten.
4. Everyone in my family is a teacher. My sister teachers high school. My brother teaches college. My parents were both teachers, too. It's clearly in my blood.
|Golde in 'Fiddler on the Roof'|
5. For many years, I've been involved with theatre. Yep, I act, sing, and even dance. I haven't done much in the last couple of years due to health issues, but I do plenty of acting in the classroom! Some of my favorite roles are Connie in A Chorus Line, Lucy in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, Golde in Fiddler on the Roof, and Sister Mary Amnesia in Nunsense. I've performed in close to 100 different productions over a 30 year period.
|Sister Mary Amnesia in Nunsense|
6. On May 29, 2010, I had a stroke. It's been a long haul, but I'm getting better every day. Luckily, I look fine. I have trouble with fatigue, balance, and numbness on most of my left side. Unfortunately I've had to give up tap dancing lessons (yes, I am serious) and haven't been able to do any shows. And I sleep a whole lot more than I ever did before. But I'm ok, and I still love my job!
7. I sing with a group called Voices of Distinction. We start rehearsals on Friday for our Christmas show, and I can't wait. I often wonder which I enjoy more, the people or the chance to sing. Tough call! You can download some of our songs on the website. My favorite is Bohemian Rhapsody, it was so much fun to sing!
Now, the task of picking 15 blogs: These are all wonderful. Plus, a whole bunch more, too!
Enjoy these blogs!