I'm linking up again on the Sunday Scoop Linky at Teaching Trio!
Here's my Scoop for the week!
My 3 Have tos:
1. I HAVE to finish my running records. Boy, is this time consuming! I hope it goes faster when I get the hang of it!
2. I just got my FUNdations materials Friday afternoon. I had a busy weekend, so I didn't bring the manual home with me. I had a day of training in August, but I haven't thought about it since! I haven't had the materials in front of me, so I've lost most of what I was taught! (A lesson for teachers: don't teach something, then ignore it for the next month!) I'm anxious to get to know the FUNdations program and work with the kids with the program. I hear wonderful things about it!
3. I'm looking forward to getting into my Communities Social Studies unit with the kids. We've just barely started, but the kids are excited and interested. Teaching Social Studies is one of my favorite things to do!
My Hope tos:
1. I'm so excited to start working with this:
This is the Fact Fluency system that I developed and tested out last year. It worked so well, I can't wait to do it again! I'm extra excited because during the summer, I added brain breaks to this set! Now it has everything it could possibly need! We start on Tuesday with the first pattern: +1 families! (Click the image for the link!)
2. My second "hope to" hasn't changed from last week: finish testing and start teaching. It's killing me that this testing is dragging on so long, I want to teach!
My Happy to...
Yes, I'm anxious to get going with the consequences. Why? Well, we've been practicing the rules and procedures for a week, and it's time to start the "real thing". I have a feeling there are a couple of little ones that need to know there will really be consequences and they will buckle down to business. I hate to be an old grumpy pants, but they need the boundaries. They really are a great bunch of kids, so once we're rolling, they'll be fine! I suspect they'll be far more than fine!