I certainly have a lot to be happy about! I'm finally getting a chance to relax a bit and reflect on a fabulous last day of school!
Here are my five things to be happy about today!
1. My favorite game! Although most of my room was packed away, I kept out a few things for the kids to do on their last day of school. We had stations, and the "work with teacher" station was my favorite game to play with the kids: Apples to Apples! This game always brings loads of giggles, and there's no better sound than that on the last day of school. My favorite was when the category was "weird" and one of the kids put down the card that said "my teacher". We all had a good chuckle over that one!
2. End of year slideshow! I saved all the pictures I took all year, which was a lot, and put them into a slideshow for the kids. We also brainstormed our favorite memories, and an awesome list of things to do during the summer.
3. Ice cream Sundaes! It's a tradition on the last day of school for the PTA to serve ice cream sundaes to the school community. What a great treat on the last day of school!
4. Farewell to the 5th graders! Here's another last day of school tradition: All the students and staff line the hallways. Then the fifth grade classes take their last walk down the hall to cheers, waves, and high fives. It chokes me up every year to see my former students take their last walk.
5. Goodbye to the busloads of kids! After the final walk, all the teachers walk their kids to the buses (which are always there on time on the last day!) and the kids board. Instead of each bus leaving separately. on the last day all the buses drive away together, with the bus drivers beeping the horns, the kids all waving goodbye in the windows and the teachers all standing around waving as well.
Of course, some of our teachers have another tradition on the last day of school!
I'll be linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!