1. We made Leprechaun Pudding on St. Patrick's Day! Thanks to THIS FREEBIE from Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas, we had a fabulous time with this little science experiment!
When we poured the milk into the white powder, it turned green, with little golden nuggets inside! Everyone tried it, some loved it, some liked it, some didn't care for it. But everyone agreed, it was a fun activity! (Psssst.... don't tell the kids it was pistachio pudding!)
2. Wearing of the Green! Even our Super Improvers Board went along with our St. Patrick's Day theme! Everyone was at one of the green levels! (Not intention, which makes it even cooler!)
3. The class tree! We hadn't sketched our class tree in ages! We sketched it today, but we're hoping some changes will happen real soon... like buds... and no snow!
If it weren't so cold, I'd have gone outside to take the picture, rather than taking it through the classroom window, where the camera tends to focus on the screen!
4. Report Cards. They're DONE, sent, and most of them have come back!
5. Workshops! I had to take Thursday off for workshops sponsored by my district.
All the second grade teachers in my district got together and had a morning about Group Interdependence and an afternoon of Understanding by Design. It's truly great stuff, but it was rather stressful between getting report cards out and sub plans done, plus we had SEVERAL assignments to prepare for the day: 4 chapters in a book, 2 videos, and another article. My mind was spinning so much getting ready that everytime I tried to do the reading, I would fall asleep and drool on my book. Not a pleasant sight, believe me!
Plus, this coming Wednesday is a Professional Development day for the whole district, and I'm teaching 2 workshops. I'd be doing more celebrating about report cards being done, but I'm scrambling to prepare for my workshops! These are the topics:
Using Brain Based Research in the Classroom
The World of Teacher Blogs
Which comes to my questions for my readers:
Why do you read teacher blogs? What do you look for on teacher blogs?
What do you like about reading teacher blogs? What are your favorite teacher blogs? (Other than Elementary Matters, of course!)
Please answer in the comments below. I might just quote you in my upcoming workshop!
I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Five for Friday linky... even though it's Saturday!
Speaking of Linky Parties, looking for some spring stuff? Check out An Educator's Life by Mr. Hughes!