It's Friday. During the school year, I'm thrilled to see Friday come, but during summer vacation? Not so much!
Another Friday means another week of my vacation is over. I'm trying to get myself psyched up for back to school, but I'm just not there yet!
Ok, I admit, I've been a little depressed. As I go through my Friday Five, you'll see why.
1. A Terrible Loss I lost my stepmother last week, suddenly. I'm adjusting to her being gone, and trying to accept it. (See more information HERE.)
2. Family! I got to spend some time with family I hardly ever see! This is really a horrible picture of me, but I can't find the other one my brother took on his facebook page to
steal show you.
3. Cousins! My daughter and my niece got together for the first time since my niece's wedding, which was, I think, about 12 years ago. It was nice to see both cousins together. None of us have figured out where my niece got her height, but my daughter is ALMOST as short as I am. Tall or not, they are two very beautiful women!
4. Back to School Blues! Besides feeling sad at the loss of a family member, I've got the back-to-school blues. It's August now. This will be my 36th year teaching, and my 36th year of the back-to-school blues. Luckily, I know that it goes away as soon as I meet my kids, but I know I have a whole lot of work to do before I get there!
5. My Latest! I'm SUPER excited about my latest product. I've used everything I know about Brain Based Learning to come up with Brain Compatible Addition Facts!
I really want my kids to know their facts!
Be sure to check to see what others have done in the Five for Friday linky at Doodle Bugs Teaching!