1. Terror in Boston! I grew up in the Boston area, and live only an hour away now. To make things worse, my daughter goes to college in Boston. (See THIS BLOG POST.) It's been an extremely emotional week, knowing what happened on Monday at the Boston Marathon, watching the news all week, and today, knowing that the whole city and surrounding towns were in lockdown all day today. Today I saw an article with before and after pictures of Boston: before and after today's lockdown (Check it out HERE!)
2. Boston Strong! Something good comes from something bad: Bostonians are a strong people, and this is forcing people to pull together and make us all stronger. Facebook has been entertaining, since most of my fb friends are from the Boston area. I've seen clips of crowds at sporting events that have made me cry with pride. (Love the Yankees singing Sweet Caroline!) I've seen pictures like the one below. It makes me feel very proud of my local city!
3. Ms. DeCost's Classtopia! Our class blog is growing! The kids have been writing, they are reading each others' stories, and they are getting great feedback from others! It's very exciting!
4. Similes! Speaking of our class blog, we've been working on similes this week, and posted some awesome similes! Here are a couple of them:
Just for the record, Cora really is as cute as a button! (Can't you tell from the picture?)
Beware American Idol, Lea will be coming in a few years!
5. Apples to Apples! This afternoon, since we were just a few hours from Spring Break, we celebrated with a couple of great games of Apples to Apples! This game always brings giggles, plus (don't tell the kids...) it's educational! I do save this for special occasions, but I have some great times when this game comes out!
And yes, I am officially on Spring Break! I thought I'd be more excited to be on vacation, but I'm just pretty worn down from a very emotional week!