It's another Friday at Doodle Bugs Teaching, and I'm linking up! I'm a reflective type person, and I love reflecting on my week!
1. Easter!- I had a great Easter with my family on Sunday. (I can't believe this was actually less than a week ago, it seems like ages ago!) I didn't win our traditional Easter egg cracking ceremony, but I was a finalist! (See THIS BLOG POST for an explanation of the traditional Easter egg cracking ceremony.)
2. April Fool's Day! - I totally surprised the kids with lots of silly tricks. (See THIS BLOG POST.) They were caught so off guard, that I didn't hear "you have a spider on your head" until the end of the day! They're still enjoying reading the joke books that I put out on Monday.
|Timed Reading app|
3. ipad! - The children have been enjoying our class ipad for a few weeks now, and I couldn't be happier with it! We've worked out a routine where each child gets a turn once or twice a week during literacy stations. Although the children come with varying experiences with tablets, they're having no problems figuring it out. Their favorite sites? Google Earth, Brain Pop, and Timed Reading.
4. Mr. Popper's Penguins! The kids are loving this read aloud! I haven't read it in years, and I'd forgotten how cute it is!
5. My Class's Blog! - Yes, I saved the best for last. I started a class blog with my kids, and we are all extremely excited about it! It went live on Thursday - complete with a class "drum roll" while I clicked, "publish"! The kids all went home and shared it with their families. The first post was about the authors... the kids all wrote about themselves! (In the third person, it was interesting!) I had a few more submit posts today, and I have to say, it was some of the best quality writing I've seen all year long! I'm hoping the kids become more interested in reading each others' writing. Right now their top priority seems to be feeding the fish. (I couldn't help but put in that fish gadget! It was too cute!) They've even started naming the fish!
So that was my week. I won't even mentioning my presentation in front of the school board last night... I think I'll just have a little more ice cream!