It's Friday and I'm hooking up again with Doodle Bugs Teaching. It's time to reflect back on another week!
It's been a very busy week, so I'm hoping I'll be able to choose only 5 things from the week.
1. Meetings: I have had another week of mega meetings! I had one every day this week. In fact, today was one great big meeting. All the second grade teachers from across the school district got substitutes and had a grade level meeting. In the morning, we explored the book Better Learning Through Structured Teaching. (Click the link to see more about the book at Amazon.) In the afternoon, we explored the reading Common Core standards for second grade. It was great to get together with other teachers at my level in other schools and discuss what we teach and good teaching practices! I wish we got to do this more often!
2. Blog Hop! I'm in the middle of a blog hop with an awesome prize! I'm so excited to be part of this. It came live early this morning, and will last until Sunday night. Grand Prize winner will be announced Monday! Each blog along the hop has a freebie for you also! Click the image below to find out more!
3. St. Patrick's Day! I realize it's not until Sunday, but I made it my goal to wear green all week! On Thursday, our school celebrated Green and Gold Day. I was so glad it wasn't Friday, since I was out today, and I hate to miss the school spirit days! Click the photo below to find out about what we did all day! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE St. Patrick's Day?)
4. Daylight Savings Time! Yes, I enjoy having that extra hour of light at the end of the day, but is it worth the extra hour of darkness in the morning, and the "adjustment period" for the kids (and teachers) getting used to the new schedule? I'm not so sure. Luckily, the kids (and teachers) are adjusting, and the good news: this means spring is almost here!
5. My daughter is home! Do you remember when you came home from college on spring break? If you're anything like me, you slept most of the time, and the rest of the time socialized. Yep, it still happens that way. So, we really haven't spent much time together, but it's been really nice knowing she's there.
That's my Friday five for this week! Have a wonderful weekend!