1. My Guest Post - I'm so excited to have been a guest blogger on Rachel Lynette's Minds in Bloom! It was one of the first teacher blogs I discovered, and it's still one of my favorites! Be sure to check it out by clicking the image below!
2. Pajama and Stuffed Animal Day! - There's not much cuter than kids in pajamas hugging stuffed animals. That's what I saw all day Thursday! I really think I have the cutest class ever! (And the smartest!) Yes, I'm one of those teachers who feels funny putting my students' pictures on the internet. Trust me, they're super cute!
3. Awesome Homographs! - My students did this activity on homographs this week,
My kids were so excited about the double meanings of words, they had a blast! Plus, they created some awesome illustrations to prove their understanding! Here are some of them:
|Change can mean the money that you get back. Or Change can mean if you get your clothes dirty, you could change them!|
Tip can mean a tip of a pencil or the tip at a restaurant.
Foot can mean football or foot can mean a foot.
Broke can mean I broke up or broke can mean no money.
Bat can mean a baseball bat or a bat who flies.
Key can mean a house key or key can mean a computer key.
Rose can mean a flower or Rose can mean a girl's name.
Well can mean a wishing well or well can mean getting better when you're sick.
March can mean they are marching or March can mean the month of March.
4. Snow Day! - Or should I say Blizzard Day! We had school called off the night before... that never happens! But Blizzard Nemo is a big one, so they were right to take precautions. (I don't remember snowstorms ever being named after Disney characters... I don't get it!) I kept saying things all day yesterday like "If we have school tomorrow...". I also took two rulers and stood them on top of each other to show the kids what 24 inches of snow would be like! (I have very short legs, so 24 inches almost comes up to my hips! On the little ones, it comes up to some of their waists!)
5. Lots of Preparations for Next Week! - There's a lot going on next week! Sunday is the beginning of Chinese New Year! Tuesday is Mardi Gras, Thursday is Day 100 AND Valentine's Day! Plus, I have to be out on Professional Business on Tuesday and I have a Personal Day on Friday.
Plus I have a staff meeting on Monday, and a meeting of the executive board of the teacher's union in my classroom on Wednesday, and I'll need to get snacks for the group!
Plus, right around the corner is Presidents Day next Monday! I'd better get planning!
Don't forget to go to Doodle Bugs Teaching to see more Five for Friday!