Wow, I've had a great vacation, but I can't believe we go back tomorrow! I sure would like another week to rest and get ready!
But I don't have that luxury, so I'm coming up with a list of 13 for 2013. These are some of the activities I'll be doing with my little ones this week!
THIS BLOG POST for my routine on making Thank you notes.
2. Here's a Brain Pop Jr. Video on What is a calendar? It's cute, has the robot Moby that the kids love, and reviews some nice information about the calendar for the kids, including the science concept of what makes a year.
3. Here's a cute foldable freebie from Rachel Lamb. (Click the image!)
4. Here's a calendar for all of 2013 from my own Teachers Pay Teachers store with lots of unusual holidays for fun ways to celebrate learning throughout the year. (Click image.)
5. If you are interested in a free sample from that calendar, download the January page HERE.
6. This might be the most clever idea I've seen in a while. It's a power point with printables for the children to follow along and color to the directions. It's even timed so the teacher can gather her materials for the next activity while the kids are engrossed in the math activity. I can't wait to try this, and probably more of these "Watch, Think, Color" activities that this seller has created! (Click image.)
7. Here are a variety of activities for the 2013 from my own store including some math activities, some reflection on 2012, and a unique creative writing prompt. (Click image to the right.)
8. My friend Rachel from Minds in Bloom has this freebie for some 2013 reflecting! (Click image to the left.)
9. My friend Arlene from It's Elementary has this ELA/ Social Studies New Year's Themed Unit in her Teachers Pay Teachers store
10. I'll be starting the year by re-reading this book! (Click image to the left.)
11. As it is winter in New England, I'll be starting in on some winter themed activities. This book is a great place to start: If you google Snowflake Bentley, you'll find a lot of fascinating information about William Bentley's photography!
12. I have a lot more New Year's and Winter activities on my January Pinterest Board!
13. My whole Teacher Pay Teacher store is 20% off through Wednesday, January 2nd!
Be sure to drop in on Denise at Sunny Days and her Show & Tell Tuesday!